IL-Chicago, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Field Engineering Auditor
About this job
We are seeking an Energy Auditor for our energy service delivery group.
Our successful candidate must have thorough understanding of commercial and industrial energy management, be knowledgeable of new and current technologies and trends and be able to work independently. Experience conducting energy audits, utilizing appropriate tools (means & methods) and experience in implementing “proven” energy conservation technologies.
The Field Engineering Auditor:
- Perform on-site mechanical, electrical and plumbing inspections
- Analyze energy usage and develop energy management plans
- Identify problems impacting energy consumption in order to recommend energy conservation and efficiency measures
- Experience in constructability and budgetary costing of energy conservation measures to be implemented.
- From those findings, develop an energy assessment report that clearly presents the recommendations, alternatives and return on investment
- Generate mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment inventory reports
Ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline ; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience conducting energy audits
- CEM or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience with performing assessments of commercial, industrial and/or institutional buildings
- The ability to disaggregate a client’s load (electric, natural gas, water & sewer) into its various end use components.
- Ability to interact with building managers to motivate them to implement energy efficiency upgrades in existing buildings.
- Experience in analysis of water use and waste streams
- Knowledge of HVAC, lighting systems, mechanical and refrigeration systems design and operation
- Experience recommending and quantifying energy conservation technologies and practices, including life cycle cost analysis
- Meter installation experience desired
- Modeling experience using DOE-2 a plus
- Advanced computer knowledge - to include the ability to navigate through Microsoft Word and Excel applications and the internet
- Ability to read, interpret and sketch architectural based electrical and basic building drawings
- Excellent self-leadership, interpersonal communication skills, and cultural sensitivity with the ability to effectively and tactfully interact with individuals at all levels of the company
- Ability to travel to support business needs
Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Registered Architect (R.A.) or Certified Energy Auditor (CEA).
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, Energy Field Team, this position provides advice and consulting for site management. Charged with visiting client sites and assessing facility condition with respect to energy usage and opportunity for improvement. Prepares energy reports and makes recommendations and implementation plans for systems, training and equipment replacement.
Qualifications & Requirements: Basic Education Requirement: Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field
Basic Functional Requirement: 3 years in engineering or a related field